June 14, 2007

Gold India Cake

This cake was one many months in the making. After being inspired by a beautiful wedding cake seen in a "Food Network Wedding Cake Challenge" a few months back, an idea for an indian-style cake was conceived. And since my Mother's church friends were throwing her a party, I, your neighborhood friendly pastry chef, was commissioned to create a cake. My mother, Irma, loves nutty flavors and asked me to make an intense flavored almond cake. After some experimenting, i created a Toasted Almond Torte. I wont reveal my mothers age but if its any indication, i was asked to use gold in the decor of the cake.


The Almond Torte was light, moist and very nutty, just as my mother requested. Happy Birthday mom!

-Mom's Birthday Cake was created June.3.2007

No comments: