January 1, 2008

Frank's Donut

After searching far and wide for a giant donut for her boyfriend's birthday with no success,  Megan decided to commission her awesome friend (me) to make her an extra-large-donut cake. Megan knew right away that she wanted a key lime flavored element, raspberries and some sort of pound cake so i suggested a Classic Vanilla Pound Cake with Key Lime Curd and Raspberry Jam. 


The result was a cake that looked so close to the real thing, that i was left not craving a cake, but a huge chocolate donut!

-Frank's Birthday Cake was created December.29.2007

6 comments:

Toothfairyrecipes said...

What a great idea and it looks yummy too:-)
X M

kate said...

seriously, that is *amazing.*

-----------

kate
www.thecleanplateclub.net

Miss Katzie said...

that is one sexy donut

Honeybee said...

how would i get one of these?

I love donuts said...

Hi Daniel - this is an amazing cake! I'd love to talk about getting something like this for my upcoming wedding... do you available for hire? How would I go about contacting you?

I'll check back here for details!

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.